Why Backend Development Needs a Professional Spring Developer
In Java development, Spring is a multi-faceted framework in a class of its own. The framework helped popularize such important Java development practices as dependency injection and inversion of control (IoC).
Spring Dev Popularity
For backend developers, the framework offers the following set of popular features:
- Easy integration – The framework is compatible with major Java technologies such as JDBC, Hibernate, and others. It works with a wide range of databases and middleware, including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, and others.
- Aspect-oriented programming – Programming with aspects is a different way of programming thinking that involves isolating cross-cutting functionality into distinct “aspects.” Rather than have code repeated throughout your application to handle these aspects each time they are needed, with aspect oriented programming (AOP), you can reuse aspects. Applying them to handle functionality becomes a simple issue of using annotations to invoke the aspect logic.
- Testing support – The framework has excellent testing support. You can use it with tools like JUnit as well as mocking utilities such as Mockito. This makes the framework a fit for cutting edge development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD). When done right, testing can improve the integrity of your entire code base. Your applications will run more smoothly and contain less bugs.
- MVC web development – For the web, the framework makes use of a Model-View-Controller programming paradigm. This splits up web development cleanly into three distinct areas that make designing and developing web applications much easier. The result is more robust web applications that are simpler to develop.
A survey by DZone revealed that Spring is among the top 2 Java frameworks, neck and neck with JSF (Java Server Faces).
Why Enterprises Need Spring Developers for Backend Development
When it comes to the capabilities of the framework, enterprises like the following features:
- Core Java – The framework enables development using core Java, both the language and its related technologies. The complexities of using a proprietary Java extension are taken away.
- Talent availability – The popularity of the framework among large companies has encouraged many developers to invest the time necessary to learn the framework. This effect is self-reinforcing: as the framework becomes more popular with developers, more companies see it as a safe bet for finding the talent necessary to develop their applications.
- Open Source – The flexible open source nature of the framework makes it a cost-effective enterprise solution, but the advantages of open source are much more than that. Open source development enables highly skilled teams both to extend the core Spring framework as well as leverage others’ customizations. The rate of code-sharing and technology iteration is higher since the framework has numerous contributors making open source contributions. With so many committed stakeholders, long term vibrancy of the Spring source code is all but assured.
- Compatibility with enterprise technology – The compatibility of the framework with other tools in the Java ecosystem makes it easier for businesses to pair it with their existing tools or technology stacks. This eases the adoption of Spring for any large business with an existing tech infrastructure of considerable size.
Spring Application Pros and Cons
The alternatives to this framework include JavaEE, Struts, Vaadin, JSF, Grails, and Play. The key to realize is that Spring takes a very modular approach. What this means is that you are not tied to using a particular module if you do not want to. You can easily swap out a Spring module with another Java module. This means that you can essentially use the framework alongside another framework that would normally be regarded as a competitor of Spring.
Alternatives to Spring Web Development
For example, at the web layer, there are many alternative frameworks available that you could use to replace Spring MVC, the web framework that handles web functionality in the default stack. Your options for this replacement include:
There are numerous options that can be tied into the core Spring configuration in place of SpringMVC. The result is that the core framework will accommodate any shifts in technology preference that your team may have as you go about designing your Java solutions.
Java Spring Application Advantages and Disadvantages
As the table of pros and cons above shows, Spring’s considerable complexity creates a situation in which you want the very best developers available. This is because the framework is a very powerful one while, at the same time, it has a steep learning curve. Newer developers can quickly become productive, but it takes years and multiple Spring deployments to really sort out the problematic areas where developers tend to get things wrong. To ensure your application backend is developed with the most robust standards, you will need to hire a deeply experienced professional Spring developer.
How Spring Developers Make Backend Development More Efficient
The need for Spring developers is very high among large enterprises with significant Java deployments. Professional Spring developers can develop everything from customer-facing web products to internal line of business applications such as billing or accounting applications.
Industries that Need Spring Developers
The framework’s strengths mean that professionals trained in it can contribute in a large number of industries, not limited to:
To develop solutions for all these industries, among others, businesses can make use of teams of professional Spring developers, who stand out for a number of key reasons. Since Spring is a framework with modern, professional standards, those who use it tend to be some of the best Java developers as well. They are the ones willing to put in hundreds of hours in training time to upskill and master the nuances of the framework. Spring developers, as a result, are some of the most highly skilled and dedicated developers you will find.
Specialized Skills that Spring Developers Bring to Your Backend Development
Spring is among the most popular Java enterprise frameworks and its community is one of the most vibrant around an open source technology suitable for everything from small startups to the largest enterprises. In addition, you can rely on a team of Spring professionals to handle all aspects of software development from design to development and testing, since they tend to be expert in several key skills.
Spring developers are experts at a range of the most important Java development skills, including:
- Core Java
- Spring MVC
- REST web services
- SOAP web services
In the course of their work in the ecosystem, these professionals get exposed to the whole gamut of Java backend development. The result is that a Spring professional can bring unmatched perspective to the design and optimization of any Java application backend.
Cost of Spring Development in Ukraine and Other Countries
Spring developers are in so much demand, especially with big companies in the US, that they can command salaries in the six figures in certain locations. If the high cost of recruiting these skilled teams alarms you, you should know that there are options. Developing with teams of application Spring developers in Ukraine, for example, will allow you to move forward with your projects at a lower cost. You still get to take advantage of all the great advantages that professional Spring developers bring to any Java project. Below, we show a comparison of Java Spring Developer salary costs for Ukraine versus Germany, Japan, the US, and Australia, which are countries with a strong technical culture. Figures are taken from PayScale.
Spring Developer Salary: Ukraine and Other Countries
As you can see, Ukraine is quite unmatched in its ability to provide developers at a lower cost. What the figures don’t show is the incredibly high level of Spring development skill that many of the Ukrainian professional Java developers have. Since they regularly implement projects for some of the largest enterprises in the world, they are able to solve big problems in backend development. You will, therefore, want to consider a Ukrainian professional Spring Developer when recruiting for your Spring application development.
How Mobilunity Can Find the Best Spring Developer in No Time
Mobilunity is a Ukrainian development company that can help you find the best Spring developer in next to no time. The company’s client roster includes a wide range of technically accomplished organizations from Western centers such as London, Berlin, and New York.
Whether you are still conceptualizing what your solution should look like, or you are ready to begin development right away, Mobilunity will help you to cut down on recruitment time.
Take advantage now of the unique strengths of the Mobilunity Spring development professional dedicated team. It combines expert, highly skilled Spring developers with capable project managers who will help steer your project to unparalleled success. The expertise of these teams includes overseeing and developing literally hundreds of professional Spring applications. The satisfaction of our past clients points you to a future in which you too can get the best Spring programming done, on time and within budget, starting right now.