Hire a Database Consultant: Advantages and New Possibilities
Nowadays, a lot of companies look for or cooperate with an IT database consultant. Why a business may need a database consultant, and what can be the benefits and new possibilities when working with a consultant database? Here, we discuss the advantages of hiring a DB expert and how to find the right specialist for your organization.
Who Is a Database Consultant?
According to ZipRecruiter, a database consultant is a highly qualified and experienced IT professional that assists businesses with choosing, maintaining, customizing computer database management and information systems, as well as helps to migrate to more suitable/newest DB solutions on the market.
A reliable operations database consultant can analyze the company’s needs and current performance, advise on the most relevant DB, and assist with its implementation and customization, taking into account the latest trends and security practices.
In search of database consultants to empower your business? We know how to help!
How a DB Consultant Can Help Businesses?
Companies tend to hire professional DB consultants when they need to choose the right DB for their project or business, when they want to customize the existing DB to fully meet the organization’s needs, or when they need to migrate to another (usually more suitable) DB and seek expert help with it.
Depending on the business requirements and project specifics, a DB expert can assist with the following tasks:
- A database design consultant can advise on the best DB architecture that will meet the needs of the business;
- A database consolidation consultant can help the organization to optimize the use of the current DB and customize it as needed;
- A database migration consultant can advise on the right DB to use and assist with the migration process;
- An Oracle database consultant can consult regarding the Oracle DB advantages and limitations, help to implement it or migrate to it;
- A Microsoft Access database consultant can explain the specifics of MS Access DB. It’s possible to find an Access database consultant that specializes in the implementation and customization, as well as an MS Access database consultant skilled in migration best practices;
- A well-qualified DBA consultant may not only advise on trends and best practices but also help to maintain the current DB solution.
Here is the resume of perfect database consultant:
Why Hiring Remote Consultant Database Is Beneficial
Nowadays, more and more companies tend to hire remote DB consultants instead of recruiting a professional locally. This trend is caused by a number of solid reasons:
- Hiring a remote expert opens access to the global talent pool, meaning a possibility to find a more versatile and experienced DB consultant that will perfectly meet the needs of the business;
- An external DB consultant can propose new methods and solutions, as they will have a fresh look at the project and take into account global trends;
- A remote DB consultant can provide an independent and objective evaluation of internal business processes and current data storage solutions;
- Hiring a specialist remotely comes at fewer expenses because it’s possible to hire a remote consultant on an hourly basis or per project only.
Given that, as per the Information Age, 75% of businesses plan to invest more in IT consultants in the next year and a half, and there’s a global talent shortage reported by ManpowerGroup, it may be even harder to find a local expert that will provide the desired services. Therefore, remote DB consultancy became a solution for many businesses worldwide.
Comparing Database Consultant Salary Rates in Different Countries
Let’s take a look at the database consultant salary rates per hour in different countries, based on Glassdoor statistics and our Recruiting Team research over several local job portals:
- The US – $40/hour;
- The UK – £22/hour ($30/hour);
- Germany – €27/hour ($32/hour);
- Ukraine – $18/hour*
*Rates are provided by the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team over local job boards
As you can see, hiring a database consultant remote from Ukraine may be cost-effective compared to hiring locally in the US or Europe. Therefore, if you are in need of a highly experienced senior database consultant, it may be beneficial to look for such experts in Ukraine.
Mobilunity as a Reliable Database Consultancy Provider
Mobilunity is a well-known Ukraine-based company that has been providing software development and staff augmentation services to businesses all over the world for 10+ years. We are eager to help companies find the best IT resources for their projects, whether it’s a seasoned developer or a well-qualified DB specialist.
If you are looking for a reliable provider of database consultants, Mobilunity is the company you can trust, as highlighted by our clients. Therefore, if you want to hire IT consultant or hire dedicated machine learning developer Mobilunity experts can help you find a reliable senior IT database consultant with the most relevant experience in your field.
Moreover, should you need to hire SQL developers or any other database coders, we at Mobilunity know how to source highly-qualified and experienced programmers according to the company’s needs and requirements.