What to Expect if You Hire Developers in Egypt?
Egypt is one of the promising outsourcing destinations for organizations interested in dedicated IT services. Below, we discuss the Egyptian IT industry status and trends, pros and cons of hiring an Egypt dedicated team, and what alternative outsourcing countries businesses may consider.
Hire Developers in Egypt: Brief Overview of Egyptian IT Services
For companies considering Egypt as an outsourcing destination, it’s crucial to analyze its IT sector and hiring prospects. The software industry here is still in its first development stage. Although it’s steadily growing, owing to government support and tech sector development initiatives.
Check out the following statistics before outsourcing to Egypt:
- Time zone: GMT+2
- Average monthly rate: $1,000
- IT industry growth rate: 15.19%
- Biggest tech hubs: Cairo, Alexandria, Giza, Port Said, Suez
- Number of IT/software developers companies in Egypt: 10K
- Number of IT professionals: 281K
- Tech export value: $526M
According to the Global Innovation Index 2022, Egypt ranks 89th among 132 economies reviewed. The report shows that this country performs best in knowledge & technology innovations.
It’s also worth noting that Egypt is an attractive outsourcing spot, thanks to the young and qualified workforce and low rates. Here’s the overview of the Egyptian software developers’ salaries based on their experience:
- Junior software developer: $7,800 median annual salary
- Middle software developer: $12,000 median annual salary
- Senior software developer: $30,000 median annual salary
The Egyptian government is eager to facilitate the IT sector’s development by implementing digital transformation in government structures, providing tax breaks for prospective IT companies, investing in IoT and big data projects, and opening new technology parks and data centers.
Despite the numerous outsourcing prospects, engaging senior experts may be challenging in Egypt. Be ready for this obstacle if you decide to hire software developers in Africa.
Largest Tech Hubs in Egypt
When looking for a software development service in Egypt, several cities come to mind. So, let’s review the most important tech hubs in greater detail.
- Cairo. The capital of Egypt boasts a large IT community with prominent tech entrepreneurs on board. This city accommodates most African technical startups, with almost 20% based here. If you want to hire a specialist from a software development company in Cairo, expect to pay around $1,070 monthly.
- Alexandria. The second-largest city in Egypt offers a slightly lower living cost than Cairo. It also provides plenty of web, software, and mobile application development companies in Egypt. Hiring a software engineer here will cost around $600 monthly, and the salary of a full stack developer Alexandria Egypt is about $700 per month.
- Giza. It’s a city adjacent to Cairo, which shares similar economic dynamics with the capital. Being the third-largest in the country, Giza provides a vibrant tech landscape. Software developers here earn about $1,000 monthly.
- Port Said. This coastal city has a smaller but growing IT presence. Hiring software development specialists here will cost you around $850 per month.
- Suez. Another coastal city along the Suez Canal is gradually emerging as a prominent tech hub. Software developers here can expect average salaries of $670 monthly.
Pros & Cons of Hiring a Dedicated Development Team in Egypt
Before outsourcing in Egypt, it’s best to evaluate the potential advantages and challenges beforehand. Find the pros and cons of hiring developers in a software development company in Egypt below. Let’s start with strong points:
- A growing generation of the well-educated, multilingual labor force
- Relatively low and competitive labor costs for hiring top developers in Egypt
- Accumulated, while still evolving, IT expertise and technical skills
- Convenient time zone for most European countries
- Geographical proximity to many European and African countries, plus developed transport connections with Asian countries
- Substantial government support for the IT industry by facilitating procedures and infrastructure
- Recent improvements in tax treatment, the new IP laws introduction, and regulatory enhancements toward international cooperation
While these advantages make Egypt an attractive destination, it’s essential to consider potential challenges before hiring a website developer Cairo, an Odoo developer Alexandria, or specialists from other parts of the country:
- Egypt’s specialized IT talent pool, while beneficial for roles like a PHP developer Alexandria Egypt, can present challenges in less popular areas like Senior Scala programming
- Egypt’s evolving IT sector offers opportunities but may also entail limitations in hiring procedures, regulations, and workflows at times
Hopefully, businesses can easily mitigate these challenges when hiring Egyptian developers with the help of a reliable recruiter like Mobilunity.
Alternative Options to Hiring Dedicated Development Team in Egypt
Besides finding an Egypt developer for hire, there are alternatives for the businesses looking for dedicated development teams. The most popular outsourcing destinations include the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe. Let’s take a look at the specifics of each region as an alternative for companies eager to hire an engineering team in Egypt, and what are the strong and weak points of each destination.
|Strong points||Weak points|
|Middle East||young and multilingual workforce, affordable rates, a promising outsourcing destination||English proficiency, political situations, government support, cultural disparities|
|Asia||a big size of labor force, low rates, well-established outsourcing procedures||English proficiency, time zone difference, cultural differences|
|Africa||good command of English, growing talent pool, affordable rates||government regulations, political situations, young business market|
|Western Europe||strong English proficiency (+second languages), convenient location, high level of expertise||high rates compared to other regions|
|Eastern Europe||well-recognized IT expertise, highly educated labor force, convenient location and time zone, affordable rates||economic stability and corruption issues|
Nowadays, more and more businesses choose to work with Eastern European programmers, even if initially, they planned to hire Egyptian developers. Among Eastern European countries, Ukraine is known as a country of choice for software development outsourcing, and the IT expertise of Ukrainian coders is recognized worldwide. Let’s take a look why Ukraine can be considered as a good alternative to software or mobile app developers for hire in Egypt.
Ukraine as a Software Development Outsourcing Partner
Ukraine is a beneficial alternative for the US, Canada, and European businesses considering hiring a remote dedicated development team in Egypt.
Nowadays, Ukraine is gaining momentum as an outsourcing hub precisely because of the following points:
- A large IT talent pool (200,000 IT experts, according to The Tech Ukraine report);
- Highly educated, rapidly growing labor force (400,000+ graduates annually, 14+ million people with higher education, according to the latest KPMG report);
- 500+ outsourcing companies and 100+ global R&D centres are already operating here, including companies from Fortune 500;
- High level of IT proficiency and good reputation of Ukrainian IT experts, according to Mobilunity clients’ feedback;
- Convenient location and well-developed transport infrastructure for companies with European headquarters;
- Comfortable time zone difference for European and US businesses;
- Relatively stable political situation;
- Ukraine complies with GDPR regulations, and it is possible to receive legal consultancy tailored to the needs of a specific country;
- Ukraine shares European values and has similar business culture.
Makes sense that a number of businesses evaluating whether to hire the best Python programmers in Egypt or consider alternative options get interested in Ukrainian experts. If you are considering recruiting C# developers & programmers in Egypt or working with dedicated coders from another country, Ukraine is a worthy alternative to take into consideration.
Some of the main characteristics of the Ukrainian IT market to examine include:
- Average monthly salary of a middle-level developer: $2,000 (source – Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets)
- Time zone: GMT +2
- Biggest Tech Hubs: Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Odessa, Dnipro.
- Size of Tech Talent Pool: up to 200,000.
- Popular Languages: JavaSсripт, PHP, Java, and Python.
Hire Developers in Egypt vs Ukraine: Comparison
A comparison of Egypt and Ukraine as dedicated teams outsourcing destinations is summarized in the table below. If you are interested in hiring dedicated software teams from Egypt or alternative destinations, this comparison should come in handy.
|Size of a tech talent pool||212,000||200,000|
|Risks related to the political situation||Above average||Below average|
|Data safety and insurance||Adequate level||High level|
|Quality to price correspondence||Good||High|
|Ease of doing business||Moderate||Easy|
|Programmer skill ranking||Below average||Top 8 globally|
As you can see, both countries have some perks and pitfalls, and the country of choice to hire a software development team depends on your business needs, projects specifics, and expertise expectations.
For example, Ukrainian IT experts are known for their world-class programming skills, dedicated approach to work, and innovative solutions. It’s easier to do business in Ukraine compared to recruiting and managing Egypt dedicated developers. However, Egypt developers for hire also have a good command of English, and it is possible to hire the IT workforce here at more affordable rates. Depending on the scope of your project and requirements to the dedicated team, you can choose the optimal location for sourcing the IT experts and establishing reliable cooperation.
Whether you decide to hire developers in UAE, hire Magento programmers or dedicated programmers Egypt, recruit Ukrainian programmers, it’s essential to find a reliable local vendor. By working with a credible IT partner, you can hire a dedicated development team in Egypt or any other location as per your company’s requirements.
Hire developers in other Countries
Expand your team’s potential by recruiting top-notch developers from around the world. This approach offers access to a diverse range of skills and perspectives, fueling innovation and enhancing your projects’ global relevance.
Mobilunity as a Trusted IT Recruiter
If you’re searching for a reliable dedicated team provider, look no further than Mobilunity. We specialize in sourcing and providing top-tier software development teams from different countries. Our expertise includes recruiting experts from IT outsourcing companies in Egypt and providing software development specialists from Ukraine — all necessary for your new project or an expert-level solution.
So, whether you’re considering hiring an offshore development team in Egypt or exploring specialists from Ukraine, Mobilunity is your credible partner. With us, you can engage various experts from top tech hubs, like an app developer Cairo, an Android developer Alexandria Egypt, or a PHP developer from Kyiv, Ukraine.
Being in the global IT outsourcing market, Mobilunity experts know how to locate and recruit IT professionals with relevant experience and strong skill sets. Contact our representatives today and get a dedicated tech team working on your project shortly.
Core Service Models at Mobilunity
At our company, we not only source candidates worldwide but also offer unparalleled cooperation flexibility. Explore our main service models to choose the one that suits your business best:
- Dedicated development teams. It’s our primary and most sought-after service model, which allows you to get full-time dedicated employees. During the cooperation, you manage the team directly, while Mobilunity experts handle all administrative tasks: HR, accounting, helpdesk functions, and more.
- Consultancy services. It’s a more flexible service model, which allows you to get part-time dedicated employees. Similar to dedicated development teams, you have complete control over the dev processes while our experts work on the administrative aspects.
- Recruiting services. It’s a recruiting-as-a-service solution, which enables you to access top software development companies in Egypt or Eastern Europe, depending on your specific needs. On top of that, Mobilunity has expertise in recruiting from even the most distant locations like Japan — learn more in our case study.