How Much Does It Cost to Hire Magento Developer?
Magento is a modern and functional open-source cloud platform for eCommerce, written in PHP. Originally it was created by Varien Inc. – an American private company, in 2008. But now it is a part of the Adobe Experience Cloud. Magento 2.0 has been released in 2015 with improved navigation, conversion rates, page caching, reduced table locking issues, and some other features.
Magento is built on an open-source basis. Online merchants use it because of the flexible cart system and the possibility to control all features of the online store: appearance, content, and functionality. For the development of the store, there are catalog-management, search engine optimization, and marketing tools. Editors of the platform range from the open-source options made by the community to massive enterprise systems. Let’s see why you need to hire Magento programmer for your project and how much does it cost to hire Magento developer.
Quick Overview of Magento Engineer Cost
Magento has a range of features, useful for the small shops and large marketplaces:
- Scalability. The platform is able to grow from a store of one product to complex web service without changing the platform
- Customization. A wide variety of plug-ins and themes helps to create a unique product
- Custom functionality. The functionality helps to apply many options to the online store, but it also requires advanced programming.
This eCommerce solution has the power of the enterprise service and can be used for B2B and B2C projects. With Magento, you can get a full-lifecycle customer experience, able to generate more sales, no matter what is the size of your company. The main benefits of the platform are:
- Easy installation and access to the wide range of plug-ins and layouts
- Open-source technology providing flexible and scalable solutions
- Ability to create a functional and cost-effective product
- Ability to offer discounts and promotions
- The customer can pay through more than 50 gateways.
Magento Developer Salary Rates: Average Cost to Hire Magento Developers
First of all, the Magento programmer salary and cost to hire Magento developers depend on skills and professional experience. But you can also see significant differences in it according to the country. As a rule, coders in America and Western Europe are more expensive, than in Eastern Europe and Asia. Let’s compare the average rates from different countries of the world.
Magento Programmer Salary Compared: Cost of Magento Developer in Various Countries
- The United Kingdom. Magento developer salary in the UK is £35,288 per year on average, which is about $45,399. The hourly rate ranges from £30 to £46.
- Switzerland. In Switzerland, Magento front end developer salary is CHF 61,000 in a year on average. It is the equivalent of $60,777.
- Germany. Germany offers the highest wage in Europe – €46,526, which about $52,500. Junior specialists start with €34,288, while senior Magento developer salary and Magento engineer cost reach €55,285.
- The United States of America. In the US Magento developer salary starts from $50,000 and can reach $149,000. The national average cost of Magento programmer is $92,142 per year.
- Canada. Magento developers salary in Canada is on average C$ 43,875, or $32,972. The experienced senior specialist can earn up to C$ 74,588 in a year. Average hourly Magento engineer cost is C$ 22.50
- Ukraine. The average Magento programmer salary in Ukraine is $25,000 per year. Cost of Magento developer ranges from $12,000 to $46,000.
If you need to hire the Magento developer for your project, there are several options for you:
- Hire Magento developers to the office in your city.
- Outsourcing – hire Magento programmer from the IT companies of Ukraine.
- Outstaffing – hire dedicated Magento developer to form a team of remote coders.
Fortunately, with the development of internet technologies, work with the remote programmers will be as comfortable and productive, as with the in-house employees. So, you can choose the performers by their competences, experience, and Magento developer salary in your destination country. Hiring the programmers from Ukraine, you get access to the huge pool of talents for a lower cost of Magento developer. You can save up to half of the budget, and get a product of outstanding quality. That’s why Ukraine is one of the most popular IT outsourcing destinations in Europe and known for an affordable cost of Magento programmers.
Magento Developer Resume Sample
If you are in a search of the developer for your Magento project, first of all, ask for a resume. Check the competencies, skills, and previous experience. The examples of the previous projects will be a significant plus. Look through our Magento developer resume sample: here we’ve collected must-have skills of a good coder.
Magento Developer Resume
- CMS Magento, Joomla, Drupal, Oracle, WordPress, Woocommerce;
- Prestashop, DreamViewer, Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere CS6, Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6), CorelDraw x6, Pinnacle Studio;
- Database design.
- PSD to Magento, WordPress, Joomla, HTML conversion;
- Plugin development in Magento, WordPress;
- Theme development, integration, and customization in Magento, WordPress;
- Import and export of Magento products or categories via CSV or Exel files;
- Development with JSON, Ajax;
- CSS\CSS3 responsive design;
- eCommerce web development and customization.
- Scoping and developing of the clients’ websites with Enterprise version of Magento Commerce platform;
- Backend integrations with third-party systems (ERP) with orders, clients, API specifications and others;
- Producing Magento modules, which can be easily rolled out and modified to better suit the clients’ needs;
- Work at the position of the developer in the international team;
- Magento reports development, backend extensions development;
- Testing and debugging of the code and a platform;
- Management of business processes;
- Collecting and processing a huge amount of data from Warehouse management systems, situated abroad.
Cost to Hire Magento Developers in Mobilunity
In software development, outsourcing is a powerful mean to get the IT project done without being an IT specialist. Delegate the development tasks to Mobilunity, and you will get them ready in a shorter time and for a lower price. It will give you time and possibility to concentrate on the other important issues, while an outstanding soft is being prepared for you. Companies from different parts of the world choose Ukrainian web developers, because:
- here you will find the specialists in all fields and programming languages;
- you can find and hire the developers for your project very quickly;
- the development company provides the transparency of the costs, you always see what you are paying for;
- Magento developer cost in Ukraine is lower than in North America and Western Europe;
- Ukraine is located in a comfortable time-zone UTC +2, so it will be easy to communicate with the programmers.