Hire Dedicated Developers in Spain
Main Trends of Spanish IT-Sector
The Spanish IT market has gone through significant developments in recent years. With a growth rate of 7.28% since 2023, it’s not showing any signs of slowing down. By 2028, it will surpass $31 billion in volume, contributing to the country’s economic progress.
This substantial market growth caused the number of Spanish IT companies to increase. Currently, about 23,000 such entities are offering their comprehensive services and qualified developers in Spain.
Software Development Nearshoring in Spain
Speaking of software developers and other IT specialists, their number already exceeds 333,000. Even so, Spain faces severe talent scarcity, with IT and technology being the most sought-after profession. As a result, many Spanish business owners are looking for tech experts abroad. They hire developers in Belgium, France, the UK, the Netherlands, or Ukraine to fill in the gaps in their companies.
Despite the Spanish IT sector’s obstacles, its tech export value has seen remarkable success. Following World Bank data, it jumped from $13.55 billion in 2011 to a spectacular $23.46 billion in 2021, indicating the competitiveness and global reach of IT services in Spain. Using well-known programming languages like PHP, .NET, Lua, Python, and Java improves the industry’s performance even further. To hire developers in Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands can be a solution for a Spanish IT company that is looking for good specialists.
Since Spain is an attractive country for tourism, IT achievements are implemented in this sphere as well. Modern technologies are used to control air flights and other means of transport, according to the MIT Technology Review.
Spain’s English Proficiency Index score of 545, indicating “Moderate Proficiency,” reflects the country’s solid foundation in English language skills while leaving room for further improvement in communication and global opportunities.
An Overview of Spain’s Employment Conditions
Spain’s employment landscape features a rich diversity of industries, including tourism, manufacturing, agriculture and renewable energy. The country’s fantastic location and cultural heritage contribute to a flourishing tourism sector. Additionally, Spain has experienced notable growth in its renewable energy industry.
Payroll in the country typically follows a monthly schedule. And salaries are commonly paid at the end of each month. Employers are required to follow with specific payroll taxes, such as contributions towards social security, healthcare and other statutory benefits. These contributions quite greatly influence the overall cost of labor for businesses. Consequently, this impacts their financial operations and budgeting.
The minimum wage in Spain is flexible to periodic adjustments. It aims to support the well-being of employees. Currently, the minimum salary stands at approximately $1,080 per month. And, this is quite high! Overtime pay is overseen by labor laws and ensures that employees receive fair compensation.
Employee benefits form an integral part of the employment framework in Spain. Many companies offer comprehensive health insurance, paid leave and retirement plans to attract and retain skilled workers. These benefits are designed to enhance employee satisfaction. It also promotes a healthy work-life balance, and supports a positive work culture within organizations.
Core IT Hubs in Spain
Several Spanish cities largely contribute to the country’s IT sector. Let’s explore each of them in greater detail.
- Madrid. The capital of Spain is a hotspot for software developers owing to its booming IT, logistics, and eCommerce industries. It proudly houses the country’s largest data centers, with a whopping $6.72 million investment planned for their expansion. Notably, the city will welcome the first-ever Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in the region. To hire software developers Madrid costs around $77,467 per year.
- Barcelona. Known for its thriving tech scene, it’s another major hub for software development in Spain. With over 2,000 startups and counting, the city’s startup ecosystem is flourishing and constantly expanding. Companies aiming to hire software developers Barcelona expect to pay around $75,555 annually.
- Valencia. As the top-third city for startups in Spain, with 94 thriving companies as of 2023, it’s a promising destination for IT specialists. Businesses determined to hire software developers Valencia should expect to pay about $62,094 yearly.
- Sevilla. Located in south Spain, this city is making strides in the IT sector and holds the fifth place for startups. Software developers in this region make about $65,261 per year.
- Zaragoza. Established itself with an advanced smart city infrastructure, it is another center for software development. The developer’s salary in Zaragoza is around $68,270 yearly.
Check Profiles of Available Developers in Spain
We have several consultants in Spain available for hire right now – check their profiles below and inquire for more!
3 years of experience
Carlos is a dedicated backend developer with expertise in the .NET ecosystem. Within Spain’s diverse tech industry, he’s cultivated a reputation for crafting and optimizing scalable backend infrastructures. Carlos’s adeptness with cloud platforms, especially Azure, and his deep knowledge of SQL Server, ensures reliable and performance-driven solutions for various applications.
- .NET Core
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
4.5 years of experience
Isabel is an outstanding frontend developer, predominantly working with Vue.js. Her commitment to creating seamless user experiences has made her a sought-after talent in Spain’s web development community. With a strong foundation in modern frontend tools and a keen design sense, Isabel consistently delivers web applications that are both visually engaging and functionally robust.
- Tailwind CSS
4 years of experience
Diego is a versatile full-stack developer, proficient in the MEAN stack. His holistic approach to both server-side and client-side development has been crucial in building end-to-end web solutions for various Spanish startups. Diego’s meticulous coding style and his emphasis on security, especially with JWT, make him a key contributor to any development project
3.5 years of experience
Lucia is passionate about mobile development, focusing on Android platforms using Kotlin. Working in Spain’s dynamic app development scene, she’s been pivotal in launching applications that cater to diverse user bases. Lucia’s expertise in leveraging the Android SDK and Jetpack components ensures her apps are efficient, user-friendly, and in line with modern design trends.
- Android SDK
Using a Nearshore Spain Dedicated Team
One of the most popular models for development is to hire an entire team of IT professionals to undertake all aspects of the required work. IT nearshoring Madrid will allow you to access a full range of IT professionals that will work solely on the tasks that you have.
Using a nearshore Spain dedicated team is often the most effective way of getting your projects completed just as you require. This is because they will be focused on the work that you need doing and nothing else. However, this can be a costly way forward, especially with IT wages within Spain being higher than in some other countries.
Skills shortages within the country and a high cost of living drive up wages making hiring teams within the country an expensive proposition. However, with IT you are not limited to only using those that can be hired locally.
Basic Requirements for a Programmer to Join Spain Dedicated Team
Despite the confident development of the Information and Communication Technology sector (ICT), it is not an easy task to work as a SW developer in Spain, especially for foreign citizens. The main reason for this is the fact that many Spanish IT companies require potential candidates to speak Spanish, in addition to basic English, as reported by Justlanded.com. The matter is further complicated by the fact that different dialects of Spanish are used in different regions of the country.
The complicated procedure for obtaining a work visa also stands in the way of those who are looking for a job in the IT sector of this country. Thus, at the moment, Spain is kind of a vicious circle. On the one hand, there is a shortage of own specialists, and on the other, foreign experts are rarely hired.
Nevertheless, businesses look for all possible solutions for their projects and very often choose IT staffing or offshore development companies who look for needed programmers with Spanish speaking skills and wish to create Spain dedicated team.
Average Expenses to Hire Developers in Spain
In case you are one of such businessmen and are looking for software developer Spain for hire, we would like to suggest you consider the possibility of hiring remote developers according to your requirements in other countries. We have conducted research on how much it costs to hire developers in Spain and compared their rates with Ukrainian ones.
On average a software developer in Spain earns approximately $3,500 per month. At the same time, this indicator is $2,000 in Ukraine.
* Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
The more detailed research on the cost of developers in Ukraine can be found in our article.
If you want to hire software engineers Madrid, the specialists’ salaries there are as follows:
- Software developer Madrid — $4,700 per month
- Front end developer Madrid — $5,200 per month
- Full stack developer Madrid — $5,600 per month
- Web developer Madrid — $3,900 per month
- .Net developer Madrid — $3,800 per month
- PHP developer Madrid — $3,000 per month
- Python developer Madrid — $10,000 per month
- Salesforce developer Madrid — $2,700 per month
- Unity developer Madrid — $5,000 per month
- iOS developer Madrid — $3,500 per month
- Android developer Madrid — $3,400 per month
If a company aims to hire software engineers Barcelona, the rates will be as follows:
- Front end developer Barcelona — $3,400 per month
- Web developer Barcelona — $2,700 per month
- PHP developer Barcelona — $3,300 per month
- .Net developer Barcelona — $3,500 per month
Payments of developers in Valencia extend to the following numbers:
- Software developer Valencia — $5,200 per month
- Full stack developer Valencia — $3,800 per month
- Unity developer Valencia — $8,000 per month
If there is a necessity to build a development team in Seville, consider that the salaries of programmers working in this city will be about $5,000 per month, according to the job offers posted on the Sevillian job boards. For example, Drupal developer Sevilla will cost about $3,600 monthly.
We have also researched the salaries in Zaragoza. For example, web developer Zaragoza earns $3,900 monthly, while the same compensation applies to an average software developer in this city.
If you need to find developer in Málaga, it makes sense to analyze the job boards of this city. It can be discovered that the level of salaries starts from $2,000 per month.
Hiring the Murcia development team for your project will cost approximately the same money as cooperating with devs in other Spanish cities. Creation of dedicated team Alicante, Murcia development team, or development team Seville will take approximately the same costs. The level of SW developer’s wages can start from $2,600 per month according to the job offers available in these cities.
The average costs for hiring Palma developers are as follows. Programmers’ wages are approximately $3,000 as a monthly payment. This is the price specified on the appropriate job boards.
If you want to hire developers in Bilbao, you should know that the price for his services starts from $3,400 according to the offered job contracts.
Cooperation with a dedicated team from Alicante will cost you at least $4,700 per member.
A developer in Córdoba can earn about $4,000 per month, according to the information from the job posts in this city.
Hire Developers in Madrid, Spain, or in Kyiv, Ukraine?
It is possible to conclude that hiring coders from Spain is more expensive than hiring remote programmers in Ukraine. However, hiring offshore development companies in Ukraine has few strong points that may help you save a lot.
Here are the main points which help to understand all benefits you will receive cooperating with Ukrainian development companies:
- Significant savings. Taking into account that you need to hire dedicated developers for a certain period of time, you will be able to save money. As a result, you will get the same result at a lower cost.
- Team extension without any additional expenses. In a number of cases, it is more profitable for a company to reduce the staff and assign some responsibilities and volume of work to outsiders. This helps to avoid tax, office, equipment, and software expenses.
- When IT functions are delegated to offshore companies, your staff will focus exclusively on your company’s further development. As a result, the effectiveness of the entire organization can significantly increase.
- You get full control of your project development and the whole remote development team will report and be managed by your CTO. Moreover, the programmers will be working exclusively on your project.
- Ability to extend the development team with the experts of any level. Having 200,000 IT professionals and getting 15,000 IT graduates annually, one can find the experts skilled in rare technologies for any project in Ukraine.
Pros of IT Outsourcing with Mobilunity
We have conducted extensive research on software developer salary in Spain and Ukraine. To our findings, hiring dedicated teams of Ukrainian programmers offers cost advantages compared to collaborating with Spanish professionals and provides greater flexibility for team extension.
Mobilunity is an experienced Ukrainian IT outstaffing company specializing in hiring and providing developers. Since our establishment in 2010, we have successfully operated in the Western IT market and served clients worldwide. Our expertise lies in building effective dedicated development teams and establishing R&D centers. We have a track record of successful collaborations with Spanish clients, as evidenced by the positive reviews left by many satisfied customers on platforms like Clutch.co.
You can easily get all the benefits of IT outsourcing and extended reality development company and make your business more successful from the first day of our common work. Check the CVs of remote developers from our pipeline and find the best candidate(s).
On top of that, Mobilunity can not only provide dedicated Ukrainian developers but hire experts locally in Spain. So, whether you need to harness the benefits of IT outsourcing and tap into our development expertise or engage software engineers within your country, we’re here to help. Check the CVs of remote developers from our pipeline and find the best candidate(s) or contact our recruiters for a local Spain developer hire.
Benefits of Outsourcing the Hiring Process to Professionals
If you’re about to hire software developers Spain, the best way to do this is with recruitment experts like Mobilunity. Why? Here are just a few advantages of such an approach:
- Recruitment expertise. Professional hiring agencies specialize in talent acquisition and typically have profound experience selecting the most suitable candidates for specific industries and positions. Such recruiters also have an in-depth understanding of the labor market and hiring best practices.
- Time and cost-effectiveness. Hiring process outsourcing helps Spanish businesses save time and resources since remote recruiters take on the time-consuming tasks of job posting, resume screening, interviews, and candidate shortlisting. These agencies also leverage their extensive networks to reduce the time-to-hire.
- Large talent pool. When business owners outsource the hiring process, they access a broader talent pool, both locally and globally. It means their choice is not limited to Spain only. Instead, they can select among numerous professionals abroad, which is especially beneficial for locating rare, niche-specific experts.
- Better candidate quality. Professional recruiters usually have streamlined procedures for screening candidates. Owing to that, these hiring agencies tend to deliver the best selection of IT specialists, having their qualifications, work experience, previous projects, and client references checked beforehand.
- Reduced hiring risks. Expert recruitment agencies typically deliver a sense of reliability and credibility. They mitigate risks associated with hiring, including legal compliance, background checks, and credentials verification. These professional HRs stay updated on employment laws to ensure a compliant and secure hiring process.
- Enhanced scalability. Outsourcing the hiring process to professionals means getting increased scalability and flexibility for business development. Whenever Spanish companies require additional IT specialists in their team, recruitment agencies can adapt to their specific requirements.
Our Main Service Models at Mobilunity
Our experts at Mobilunity can help you hire software engineers Spain or engage remote developers from Ukraine. We offer several service models for you to choose the most convenient one. Here are the options:
- Dedicated development teams. This cooperation approach is our flagship offering. As part of it, we provide you with a full-time team and cover all HR, accounting, and help desk functions. Opting for this service model allows you to fully control the development process while leaving the administrative aspects to us.
- Consultancy services. This cooperative approach is perfect for clients who require specific expertise or part-time resources. As with dedicated teams, Mobilunity covers all HR, accounting, and help desk matters while you manage the selected experts effortlessly.
- Recruiting services. It’s a recruiting-as-a-service approach offered at Mobilunity. As part of this model, we find the right talent to meet your staffing needs by sourcing, screening, and selecting candidates for your consideration. If you need a bootcamp full stack developer Madrid or any other Spanish engineer, or team can hire locally in Spain. Besides, we can recruit candidates from Eastern Europe and even the most complex labor markets like Japan, where we have successfully provided hiring services.
- What opportunities does the Spanish market offer for foreign businesses?
At the crossroads of innovation and commerce, Spain beckons foreign businesses with its thriving IT domain, unmatched tech exports on the global scale, and tech-centric cities such as Madrid and Barcelona. The added bonus of high English proficiency positions Spain as a hub for industry alliances and business development.
- What challenges does Spain face in terms of local tech talent?
Despite having over 333,000 IT specialists, Spain grapples with a severe talent shortage in the tech sector. This has led many Spanish businesses to seek tech experts from countries like Belgium, France, the UK, the Netherlands, and Ukraine.
- In the Spanish IT arena, which cities are considered prominent?
The heartbeat of Spain’s IT sector resonates strongly in cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, and Zaragoza, all of which are hubs for booming IT activities, emergent startup landscapes, and forward-thinking tech infrastructure projects.
- Do Companies Require Spanish Language Proficiency?
Spanish IT enterprises frequently look for bilingual candidates, emphasizing proficiency in Spanish and a foundational understanding of English. This is further complemented by the range of Spanish dialects spoken across the nation.
- How do the salaries of developers in Spain compare with those in other countries like Ukraine?
A software developer in Spain typically earns around $3,500 per month, while the average salary for a developer in Ukraine is about $2,000 per month, making it a more cost-effective option for businesses considering outsourcing.
Hire software engineers Spain or get in touch with our manager to get a dedicated team from Ukraine!
All salaries and prices mentioned within the article are approximate NET numbers based on the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team. Please use these numbers as a guide for comparison purposes only and feel free to use the contact form to inquire on the specific cost of the talent according to your vacancy requirements and chosen model of engagement.