Where Should You Hire UI Developers?
When walking in the IT cities you may often hear people discussing great UX design or poor UI of the websites. Who those mysterious UX and UI coders are, you may wonder. This is not a secret language code or fancy terms for space technologies. It is just a description of professions that have been recently defined in the information technology (IT) sector. Before deciding to hire UX Java developers, you should be aware of the differences between the UI and UX to identify which expert your future project will require.
Should You Hire UI Developers or UX Developers? What’s the Difference?
User Experience (UX) design is a more technical and analytical part of the product. UX refers to research and design and aims to provide a thorough understanding of customer needs. So, UX developers for hire should be able to carry out analysis and produce solutions, concepts and designs that customers want to use, according to Career Foundry. Meanwhile, Ben Melbourne explains that UX experts mostly focus on psychology and behaviours to produce understanding why people like specific products and what should be done to encourage them to purchase the future product of the company.
User Interface (UI) design can be rather referred to what we call graphic design, but it is more complex, as Ben Melbourne explains in his blog. UI design is the look and feel of a product or service. UI developers are considered to be more technically sound than web developers, as they usually are excellent in problem solving and have a great mathematical mindset, according to HLTech.
Portfolio examples of our UI designers developers for hire (Portfolio)
Who Are UI Programmers and What Projects Are They Needed for?
Supply and Demand for UI/UX Developers and Designers in the USA and in Ukraine
With the sheer size of data and information accumulated every minute, web and mobile application development projects put high emphasis on making information useful and accessible. In an article posted by Switchup, web and mobile design, which includes UI and UX design, was the 3rd highly demanded job in 2017, with a projected 18% job growth every 10 years. General Assemble states that UI designer will be one of the 3 most promising industry careers by 2020. The demand for a UI designer developer has definitely increased in 2017, according to Mockplus, and continues to grow. These are just some of the reasons why a UI engineer with extensive UI developer skills, as well as UI/UX designers, are in high demand. There is definitely a huge market for a UI designer and front end developer all over the world and it will definitely continue to rise.
With growing popularity of user interface developers as well as UI engineers, demand for the skills of these professionals have peaked. In the USA, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics cites 162,000 web developer jobs were available in 2016. The same source also projected a higher than average 2016 to 2026 employment growth of 13% for web developers. The continued increase in popularity of eCommerce and mobile gadgets were cited to be some of the main reasons of this rapid growth.
Demand for UX/UI designers and developers in the USA
On a global scale, there are over 175,213 positions open for UI UX frontend developers and designers according to Ziprecruiter, while there are 29,027 job postings on Glassdoor. Meeting the high demand of UI UX frontend developers is the equally growing workforce of UI coders and UI programmers.
Supply of UX and UI developers and designers in the USA
According to LinkedIn there are over 32,320 UI/UX designers and 14,757 developers in the USA. Having such a large and diverse pool of UI/UX designers and developers might be a bit daunting, however, if you are interested to hire UI developers or designers, and UX developers for hire, you will have a good choice of experts.
If you are looking for an UI engineer for your Java project and want to hire cost-efficient and professional UI/UX developers, it is highly recommended to hire UX Java developers from Ukraine.
Supply and demand for UX/UI designers and developers in Ukraine
In Djinni there are 517 profiles of UI/UX designers, while even a greater number of UI front end developer and designer profiles can be found in LinkedIn. In LinkedIn, it is easier to find UI/UX designers among 3,223 profiles and UX developers for hire or a user interface developer among 819 developers’ profiles available. With regards to UI designer developer vacancies and open positions, there are currently 77 open job postings for a UX/UI designer and 1 position for UI UX front end developer in Djinni. 48 positions for UI/UX designers and developers posted on Dou.ua, and 78 jobs on LinkedIn. If you want highly skilled and well vetted UI UX frontend developers, hiring from Ukraine is the best option for you as the supply is much higher than demand and, as it can be seen from the previous research on salaries, Ukraine offers the lowest rates.
Reasons Why a UI Developer Is in Demand
A UI coder is a profession of high demand on modern IT market, because of the demand for a visually attractive and simple product interface, according to the research of JobScience. Any successful business requires great outlook or interface. Nowadays, simplicity and convenience of interface of any of digital products depends not only on its functionality, but on the way it looks.
On the modern IT market, companies are competing for more sales, so we might assume that skilled and devoted UI developers are able to quickly implement your requirements into reality to help increase the sales.
As Tech Crunch writes, modern firms are now competing to produce the most convenient solutions to fulfil daily business routine like booking tickets or sending and sharing documents with one simple move. So, developers should do their best to provide customers with these services and make the existing technologies easier and better.
The demand for a UI developer is driven by the necessity of digital products to have a good user interface, since it contributes to usability, simplicity, and attractiveness of products.
We at Mobilunity offer a great service of your development team extension with any dedicated UI programmers any time you need.
How Much UI Devs Earn in the World vs. Ukraine
If you are looking to hire UI designers developers for hire, knowing the current rates of these experts will go a long way into helping you find the one you need.
Average salaries of UI developers vary depending on the country. For example, in Germany, as Neuvoo shows, average salary of a UI dev is $47,741 (€40,500), while in the United States of America, median salary of a UI developer is $81,240. In UK, a UI developer earns $60,760. Meanwhile, salaries of frontend developers in Ukraine are lower, an average developer makes $23,300 per year.
The bigger list of an average annual UI web developer salary in various countries from around the world provided below.
|Countries||Average Annual Salary|
|the United States||$81,240|
|the United Kingdom||£44,265 ($60,760)|
List of salaries of UI developers in different countries
From the numbers shown in the table above, it is apparent that web UI developer salary in Australia ranks the highest, while Ukraine provides the most cost-efficient option in you are looking to hire UI designers developers for hire. In the case with Ukraine, it does not mean that you will get low-quality work if you cooperate with UA developers. Ukraine offers a more competitive price due to its living standards and big pool of talents they have. Still Ukrainian developers are able to provide skilled UI developers and high quality products although a UI developer salary in Ukraine is the lowest.
We may conclude that despite their differences, UX and UI design are two vital but completely different parts of a future product that you are going to produce. Due to a number of reasons presented in the article, UI developers are also of high demand on the modern tech market. That is why it’s important to carefully consider UI team you plan to hire for your project.
Hiring UI Developers in Ukraine
With the demand for remote UI developers being high and the market for quality web and mobile applications getting more competitive as time passes, hiring a remote UI developer or a remote jr level UI developer is the best option for any business. There are various ways that you can choose for hiring UI developers, however, we have described three the most popular methods.
Posting Jobs and Seeking Professionals (Direct Hiring)
The first one is direct hiring of UI developers and designers. If you are looking to personally hire a remote UI programmer or want to have full control over the recruitment and development processes, direct hiring is a good start for you. Direct hiring is going through local job sites like ZipRecruiter and Glassdoor, where you should post an job position to find a potential remote UI programmer for your project. ZipRecruiter and Glassdoor are major online global job posting sites where developers look for possible job opportunities and recruiters post development projects in needs of manpower. Direct hiring can also refer to personal seeking out developers that could be a good fit for your project. With this method you go to freelance portals such as Upwork and Freelancer, where you can go through and scan for prospective hires. Direct hiring puts emphasis on hands-on approach to hiring remote UI programmers, developers, and designers.
Reaching Out and Building Bridges (Outsourcing)
Another method is to outsource your project to a company that will take full control over your project. With this project-based method, you would most be communicating with project managers in defining the project requirements, development stages, scope, time, budget, and expected outputs. With this method, you are less burdened with the development work and can now focus on improving your product to better serve your clients but have to check and approve every release. Equipped with the opportunities to work with numerous professionals from all over the globe on projects big and small is just one of the advantages of outsourcing. Companies like Mobilunity can provide high-quality work and all types of needed experts for your project any time.
Finding The Dream Team (Outstaffing)
Direct hiring and outsourcing have their advantages, however, I highly recommend hiring dedicated development teams. This option provides you with the opportunity to hire a team of highly skilled and experienced dedicated UI developers that will work exclusively with you on your projects, ensuring quality output according to your requirements and full control from your side. Getting in touch with companies like Mobilunity that offer the services of their development teams to work with you on your development projects is the best option for you. The main reason is that they provide you with the needed experts of any level and skilled in any technologies within the shortest time or offer their in-house programmers for hire and your task is just to task them and monitor the development process. Hiring dedicated UI developer teams in Ukraine is the most practical and cost efficient solution for your hiring needs. Mobilunity can provide you with highly vetted and experienced dedicated developer teams that would ensure your requirements and produce output of the highest quality at a manageable cost.
Know What To Look For: Remote UI Developer Resume Samples
Below we have provided some web UI designer resume and front end UI developer resume samples that will give you an idea on skills, experiences, tools and technologies an expert that you want to hire should possess.
UI Developer Resume Sample
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Capable of keen and structured problems analysis and identifying effective solutions.
- Highly proficient in modern user interface development technologies and tools.
- Passionate in developing modern user interfaces and associated technologies.
- Significant experience in cross-platform web and mobile application user interface development
- Highly experienced in responsive web and mobile application design and development
- Experience in the use of SASS and LESS CSS
- Significant experience in preventing, identifying, and solving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in the use of version control systems
- Development and maintenance of web and mobile user interface applications
- Collaboration with UI design team during different stages of a project development
- Translation of detailed user-focused design into responsive, cross-browser, and cross-platform compatible application user interfaces
- Consultation with design and development teams on the usage of best and up-to-date web and UI tools, technologies, and practices
- Documentation of the best practices and code maintenance
- Front end development frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundations)
- Version Control Systems (Git)
- User Interface Design tools (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver)
Front End UI Developer Resume Example
- Capable of adapting up-to-date web standards and the best practices.
- Understanding and application of front end frameworks.
- Capable of utilizing modern development practices and tools (Git, Node.js, Grunt).
- Able to use CSS preprocessor (SASS, LESS) in developing reusable components.
- Significant experience in web application user interface development
- Experienced in developing cross-browser and cross platform responsive user interfaces
- Experienced in testing, process automation, and usage of different design patterns
- Development of meaningful cross-browser and cross-platform user interfaces that meet accessibility guidelines
- Development of high-quality responsive web application interfaces
- User interfaces maintenance and improvement
- Documentation of the best practices and code maintenance
- Front end development frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundations)
- CSS Preprocessor (SASS, LESS)
- Version Control Systems (Git)
Web UI Designer CV Sample
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team or independently planning and managing the whole working process.
- Have a great design sense. Capable of designing user-centric concepts and needs.
- Highly capable of designing modern user interfaces and their associated technologies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of UI/UX design concepts, processes, and methodology.
- Extensive knowledge in UI/UX design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Highly experienced in user-centric UI/UX design concepts and methodologies.
- Experienced in using UI/UX design tools in designing and developing concepts for responsive web and mobile application interfaces.
- Experience in close collaboration with frontend development teams.
- Highly experienced in translating user-defined needs and ideas into responsive UI/UX of web and mobile application interfaces.
- Strong understanding of UX and UI design principles.
- Collaboration with development teams during product design, development, and maintenance.
- Development of detailed and user-centric visual design of product interfaces.
- Translation of user-defined concepts into the design of product and application experience or an iteration of current projects.
- Close collaboration with frontend developer team to ensure design concepts are translated and developed according to set requirements.
- Consultation on the usage of the best suitable and up-to-date design tools and technologies.
- Ensure consistency of visual elements and branding across all developed and maintained designs.
- UI/UX Design Tools (Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Fireworks)
- Mockup and Wireframe development tools