Hire Joomla Developers: Cost and Resumes
Joomla is a popular free open-source Content Management System, used for publishing of the web content. It is built on a model-view-controller web application framework, which can be applied independently of the CMS. Joomla is created on PHP. It uses the techniques of object-oriented programming and software design patterns. The data from the applications are stored in MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL databases. The main features of the CMS development are:
- Page caching
- RSS feeds
- New flashes
- Language internationalization
- Printable versions of pages creation
Joomla has been created as a result of work of Mambo on August 17, 2005. The programmers created a website OpenSourceMatters.org and distributed information about the software to the community. A new CMS got the name Joomla, referring to the Swahili word jumla, which means altogether or as a whole. It has the same meaning in Arabic and Urdu languages. The brand was created less than in 2 months. Already on October 2 the guidelines, manual and a set of the resources have been published.
Joomla Web Development: What Is It Used For
Millions of websites of different sizes and forms around the world are powered with Joomla. Programmers love it for easy installation and setup, the short learning curve with video training, available on the official website, ability to build functional and appealing sites quickly. It is also highly extensive – even if the client wants a site with some specialized functionality, it is easy to realize it fast.
Coders also use Joomla development services to create:
- Inventory control systems
- Communication tools
- Data reporting tools
- Integrated eCommerce systems
- Custom products catalog
- Application bridges
- Reservation systems
Powerful applications, built on PHP and MySQL open platforms are free for anyone to use, support and share. It is especially useful when you hire Joomla developers remotely.
The Popularity of Joomla Programming
One of the most popular content management systems and software packages – it is Joomla. With it, coders build, manage, publish and organize content for small businesses and big enterprises, governments, non-profit organizations, and any other needs worldwide.
Some numbers, proving the popularity of the system:
- 2 million – the number of active websites, powered by Joomla.
- 3% of the entire Web services are using this CMS.
- 6% of the CMS Market worldwide belongs to Joomla.
- 9% of all known business websites are built on it.
Custom Joomla development offers great possibilities for the business through websites and applications. And the powerful code base together with the global community makes the development process faster and easier. The CMS has already been downloaded for over 101 million times. It is powered with more than 10 thousand extensions and professional themes. Joomla is the second most popular CMS platforms after WordPress. In TOP 1 Million Sites it takes the 4th place.
The demand for Joomla developers for hire is constantly high: the existing sites need coders to maintain them, and the new projects are created as well. A huge community includes over 600,000 programmers. And there are even more of those, who are not the members of the community. It Jobs Watch also sees the positive growth in the demand for Joomla developer in the United Kingdom. Indeed.com portal shows 340 active jobs for these specialists.
Joomla Developer Pros and Cons
Every CMS platform has strong and weak sides, so if you want to create a project, based on this framework, study the benefits it can offer.
Even with some weak sides, Joomla web developer is able to create a functional and appealing product. With the power of Joomla, coders create:
- corporate websites, portals extra- and intranets
- websites for the small business
- online publications, newspapers, magazines
- eCommerce and online reservation systems
- personal homepages and more
There are many worldwide-known brands and organizations, using Joomla programming to create their websites. Among the TOP 10 most popular websites, built on Joomla, there are:
- Harvard University. The website of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences announces news, gives information and shows pictures to students and visitors on the website built on Joomla.
- The University of Notre Dame. The Alliance for Catholic Education website is built for the needs of the Church’s educational mission to strengthen the Catholic schools in the USA.
- Joomla. The official website of the content management system is also one of the brightest examples of work, made on it. It is one of the most famous websites in the community.
- Linux. The central source of Linux information, software, documentation, instructions, and other important things are also made with some Joomla extensions.
Joomla Developer Salary: How Much Earn Coders From Different Countries
The demand for Joomla coders is rising together with the payment for these positions. All the IT job markets around the world show this growth. But you still have a possibility to hire Joomla developers for lower cost. Compare the average coders’ salary in different countries, and find the most cost-effective variant. All data is provided by PayScale and Indeed.com.
- The USA. In the United States, the average front end developer earns $108,592 per year. For the Junior specialist salary starts with $61,024, and the Senior coder earns about $113,629 in a year.
- The UK. The average Joomla web developer salary in Great Britain is £49,262, which is about $65,544 in a year.
- France. It is possible to hire Joomla developer for €29,988 or $34,109 in a year. The salary for this position starts at €17,000 and can reach €41 000 per year.
- Germany. The average annual pay for a German developer is €44,322, which is about $50,414. The salary ranges from €29,129 to €59,330.
- Spain. Joomla developer salary is on average €22,405, which is about $25,484 per year. The payment ranges from €13,000 to €35,000. The average hourly rate is €15.81.
- Ukraine. The average Joomla developer salary is about $22,429. The junior specialists start from $12,000, and their experienced colleagues can earn up to $45,000 in a year.
Ukraine is the most cost-effective country among the listed ones, which can offer a rich pool of talents. Hiring the remote coders, you make choice only according to their skills and experience. It gives you more freedom in choosing the performers, who meet your requirements better.
Joomla Developer Resume: How to Find a Skilled Programmer
The required skill set of Joomla experts for hire depends on the website or application you want them to build. But there is a list of basic skills and knowledge, important for the successful implementation of the ideas into the software. If you want to hire Joomla developer, check the candidates’ CVs for the important skills.
Must-Have Skills for Joomla Developer:
- Strong experience with Joomla and WordPress (custom theme, shortcode, function).
- UI\UX and Usability understanding.
- CSS preprocessors: LESS and Sass.
- Front-end frameworks: Foundation, Bootstrap.
- Experience in PHP.
- Latest web design trends: responsive design, parallax, jQuery\CSS animation.
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a team.
- Debugging and problem-solving.
- Cross-browser, platform, and device manual and automation testing.
Nice-to-Have Skills for Joomla Programming:
- Work with terminal commands
- SEO, hNews, Microformats
- Optimizing website performance
- LAMP environment
- Source code management: Git, SVN
- Adobe Suite: Fireworks, InDesign, Edge, etc
- CMS: Magento, Drupal
- Back-end programming languages: .NET, Ruby on Rails, Python, etc
- Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, etc
- Development tools: Grunt, Bovel, Node, etc
- Third-party APIs: JSON, Ajax, XML
- Work with web fonts and icon fonts
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
If you want to hire dedicated Joomla developer, who will complete all your tasks and assignments in the best possible way and create an outstanding website according to all the requirements – revise the skill set and add the requirements, essential for your particular project, to the job offer. And look for the Joomla developer resume, which stands at the closest distance from the ideal one.
Joomla Developer Resume Example
How Easy It Is to Hire Joomla Developer in Ukraine
If you are looking for a Joomla development company or programmer, you don’t have to limit yourself with your own city. The coders can easily work remotely, providing you with the result of the same high quality. Ukraine has a rich pool of talents, open for international cooperation. There is plenty of companies and freelance workers, who already have a great experience of work with customers from different parts of the world. Ukraine is open for cooperation and is a great country to hire Joomla developer offshore.
The main benefits of outstaffing to Ukraine are:
- Cost-effectiveness. Joomla experts for hire here cost less than in other European countries. You pay less for the websites and applications of the highest quality.
- Comfortable time zone. The difference in time between Ukraine and America or Ukraine and European countries allows communicating easily during the working hours of the developers and clients.
- Increased productivity. When you hire dedicated Joomla developer team, you get a set of professionals, providing you with full-stack development services. The team is able to complete any task and work productive and fast.
- Reduced control operating. A project manager will control the work of the whole team and communicate with the client. You save time for communicating with a gang of freelancers and spend it for something more important instead.
How Mobilunity Can Help You to Hire Joomla Developer
Mobilunity is a company, where you will find the best Ukrainian Joomla programmers for hire. In our team, there are only highly qualified and experienced web developers for all types of projects. You will choose the performers according to the needs of your business.
With Mobilunity you get not only the developed final product, but also:
- the high quality of Joomla web development service;
- the successful projects delivered on time;
- the dedicated team of the professionally trained coders;
- transparent fixed pricing without any hidden charges;
- substantial reduction in the software development cost.
Don’t wait for the highly professional developers to knock on your door. Choose your dedicated development team today. Contact us to discuss the details of the website of your dream.