Outsource Software Testing to Ukraine
Given the ever-growing popularity of outsourcing solutions, no wonder that software testing projects outsourcing is on the rise as well. Below, we dive into the specifics of outsourcing QA services, the pros and cons of such an approach, and how to get working with a reliable service provider.
Software Testing Projects Outsourcing in Brief
Software testing is an essential part of the software development lifecycle, as it helps to detect and fix development issues before the deployment and launch of the software. However, when in-house testers lack some skills or some technology knowledge, or if a company needs to save on software development costs, businesses start to explore available beneficial options, and here’s where software testing outsourcing shines brightly.
For companies that don’t have time and resources on building an in-house QA team, and that want to get high-quality testing services without investing in infrastructure and operational costs, QA outsourcing is a viable solution. In reality, it’s possible to find highly skilled QA professionals with the exact skill set and industry experience needed when looking not locally but expanding your search.
Outsourcing QA services providers have access to a global IT talent pool and can help you build a dream QA team or find a manual/automated QA tester with the needed qualifications. What’s more, remote testing professionals usually have a richer experience and deeper knowledge of testing approaches, which allows them to detect software bugs more efficiently and in less time, compared to local candidates. At the same time, it’s possible to find dedicated QA experts at much more affordable rates, compared to the local market.
By working with a reputable QA testing solutions provider, you can get the quality services needed, which ultimately will benefit the end product and customer satisfaction rates. However, before opting for testing outsourcing, make sure to define your testing goals and expectations, decide what testing services your need, consider the benefits and pitfalls of this approach, and read some helpful tips on QA outsourcing below.
Manual vs Automated QA Outsource: Technology Needed
When it comes to manual or automated QA testing, the expert you work with should be well-versed with the relevant technology. For manual testers, such technology and tools include:
- Kobiton, and more.
On the other hand, an AQA (automated QA) expert should be familiar with some or most of the following technologies:
- Test Studio
Comparing In-House Team vs Software Testing Outsourcing Company
Let’s compare two different approaches to QA testing: building an in-house QA team and outsourcing QA testing to a reliable vendor.
|Building in-house QA team||Outsource software testing|
|Developing in-house expertise. By investing in the in-house QA team, you can grow your own employees’ expertise and allow for face-to-face communication with the development department. Since your employees are already familiar with your company, the communication will be on point from the start||Large QA talent pool and flexibility. By QA testing outsourcing, it’s possible to not only gather a dedicated team of QA experts with the most relevant experience but also easily scale up or down as needed or request additional niche experts to join the team|
|Low security risks. It’s generally safer to provide access to code and sensitive data to on-site employees than remote workers||Safety concerns. It’s crucial to choose a reliable testing services provider to avoid any issues related to data breaches|
|Additional costs. Note that you’ll need to not only spend some money on payload but also on hiring and administrative processes (software, hardware, office supplies, meals, etc.)Also, hiring locally is not a cost-effective option, given that the average salary of a QA engineer is $7,074 /month in the US, according to ZipRecruiter||Cost optimization. Outsourcing any IT services is a known way to reduce costs, and QA testing is no exception. By outsourcing testing projects to a country with a great IT force and low wages, such as Ukraine, you can significantly cut costs spent on testing and get quality results for a fair price. Also, you won’t have to invest in administrative resources, such as hardware and workplace|
|No flexible scaling. Hiring on-site is a time-consuming process, and while you may dedicate enough time to build an in-house QA team, it will be really hard to scale it up quickly or enhance with an additional niche expert if needed||Communication issues. Once again, it’s important to work with a reputable software QA outsourcing vendor to get access to qualified experts with good command of English and flexible working hours to fit in your company processes and be able to communicate with your in-house team without a problem|
As you can see, each approach has its pros and cons, so it’s crucial to define the project’s long-term goals, requirements, and expectations from testing services to choose the right approach for your business. For example, companies that create many software solutions or have dozens of projects within the organization tend to build in-house QA teams.
However, given that the world has already got used to working remotely, in-house employees are no longer that different from experts working remotely. Thus, not only startups or companies with short-term tasks outsource QA, but also large-scale businesses and corporations interested in hiring qualified experts and optimizing testing costs.
Benefits and Challenges of Outsourcing QA Services
The benefits or outsourced QA include but are not limited to:
- Access to a larger IT talent pool when opting for outsourcing (for instance, there’re 200,000+ IT experts in Ukraine, according to TechUkraine);
- Enhanced flexibility (easy to scale the team up or down, or enhance it with an additional expert skilled in a specific technology);
- Cost savings (outsourcing proved to be a cost-effective solution, as highlighted by Deloitte)
- Faster time to market (it’s possible to hire QA experts quickly and in the needed quantity, which will contribute to the overall software development lifecycle and launch readiness);
- Ability to focus on core business tasks (by delegating testing to external professionals, you’ll be able to concentrate on the core business processes, business strategy implementations, and new ideas on how to boost your business).
There are, however, some possible pitfalls that a business can avoid when cooperating with a reliable outsourcing QA services provider:
- Safety issues (since you’ll be exposing some confidential data to the vendor, make sure to work with a reputable services provider that cares about the security and safety of client’s data);
- Timezone and cultural differences (it may be hard to cooperate with an Indian provider if your business is located in the US due to different working hours and possible language barrier; thus, choose a partner with a convenient timezone difference, good command of English, and shared values).
Scenarios to Consider before Outsourcing Software Testing
If you are still in doubt whether to opt for outsourcing QA services or go with in-house options, check out the scenarios below and see if it matches your company’s concern:
- One-time or short-term project & no QA expert or internal QA experts lack necessary skills or specific technology. There’s no sense in hiring new people for a short-term project or training existing employees on a technology you’ll need for some time only. The best option would be outsourcing testing for this project to a reliable vendor who can source the QA experts needed and provide you with quality services within the shortest time and for adequate costs.
- Short-term project or time pressure & no relevant expert or more experts are needed. When the development stage takes longer than expected, it’s often QA that are cut in time to perform their tasks. For urgent extensive testing coming, it would be hard to allocate more time for existing QA engineers and would be almost impossible to find another in-house expert to help them with testing. Outsourcing QA can come in handy for such cases.
- Short-term or long-term project & need to optimize costs. As already mentioned, outsourcing IT services is a time-proven method to save on costs without compromising on quality. Thus, QA testing outsourcing may be a great option if you want to optimize costs and get high-end testing performed for the project.
Tips & Tricks on How to Choose a Reliable QA Services Provider
When choosing among testing outsourcing companies, make sure to pay attention to the following points:
- Prepare your team and establish workflows. Make sure your employees are aware of and ready to work with outsourced QA testing experts, which includes data sharing and protection, selecting a point-of-contact person from in-house experts, as well as necessary communication tools and protocols.
- Pick your software testing outsourcing partner wisely. Check the vendor’s portfolio, reviews online, references, what technology they use, and what industry practices they follow. It would also be great to clarify their approach to work and values to make sure everyone will be on the same wavelength.
- Sign an agreement with the selected QA vendor. To avoid any misunderstanding in future work, make sure to specify the duties, requirements, processes, reporting, results, and KPIs in the agreement.
- Agree on communication means, approach, and frequency with your vendor. Make sure to set clear communication processes and establish fruitful cooperation from the very beginning.
- Prevent issues with your outsourcing testing provider if any arise. In your agreement, make sure to also specify how software requirements changes, timeframe changes, and scaling should be handled to avoid any issues in further work.
Middle Manual QA and Middle AQA Engineer Resume Examples
Below, you can find two resume samples, the first one of a Middle manual QA expert, and the second one of a Middle AQA (automated QA) specialist. We hope that these examples will help you when reviewing applications from candidates for outsourcing testing services.
Middle Manual QA Expert Resume Example
Middle AQA Expert Resume Example
Mobilunity as a Software Testing Outsourcing Company You Can Trust
If you are in search of reputable software testing outsourcing companies, Mobilunity has got you covered. Mobilunity is a well-known Ukrainian IT outsourcing and outstaffing company that has been providing dedicated services to organizations worldwide for 10+ years. Whether you need a remote quality assurance tester or a dedicated QA team, with our help, you can build a custom option to meet the needs of your company.
Our clients note our dedicated approach and professionalism in sourcing the best candidates for one’s business. Thanks to many years of experience in hiring dedicated IT experts for companies around the globe, we at Mobilunity developed our own time-tested approach to providing dedicated IT resources with the most relevant skillset and rich experience in the field. You are welcome to contact Mobilunity specialists if you need a remote QA tester for your company.
You can trust Mobilunity with software testing outsourcing projects. Get in touch with our representatives today, and let us help you build a perfect QA solution for your company!